Recipe: Vegan Ombar Ganache Tarts
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Chilling time: 4 hours
- 150g Digestive biscuits
- 85g vegan butter, melted
- 65g caster sugar
- 120ml canned full fat coconut milk
- 150g Ombar 72%
- Berries for topping
- Pistachio nuts for topping
- Anything else you fancy for topping!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Crush the Digestive biscuits into fine crumbs and mix in the caster sugar.
- Add the melted butter and mix until everything is well combined.
- Take 4 3-inch torte tins, or 1 9-inch torte tin. Tip in the biscuit mix and press to the edges of the tin using your hands.
- Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. They will puff up a bit, but will settle down once they have cooled, in about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Break the Ombar chocolate into small chunks and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan until just boiling, then pour over chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- After a minute, stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Pour into the cases, dividing evenly between each tin and smooth using the back of a spoon. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Top with berries, pistachio nuts and whatever else you fancy.