Do you dream in chocolate?
We certainly do. It’s one of the things that makes us om-azing.
We’re a growing team here at Ombar, so if you can't see your dream-job listed in our vacancies below, stay tuned because we're always on the lookout for fantastic people to join us!
Marketing Assistant Ombar Chocolate
Contract: Full-time, permanent
About Ombar Chocolate:
First established in 2007, when our founder Richard started experimenting with raw cacao in his kitchen at home, and now stocked in major retailers and sold in 14 countries, at Ombar we’re on a mission to redefine chocolate.
We’re introducing people to the incredible power of cacao, through delicious-tasting chocolate that’s better for our bodies and for the planet.
We source our organic and fair-trade cacao directly from farmer’s cooperatives in Ecuador and then make it into bars and buttons at our bespoke Cambridge chocolate factory. Unlike most chocolate, which is made by roasting cacao at high heat, ours goes through a low-temp process to keep it choc-full of the nutrients and rich flavour that nature intended. It’s important to us that everyone can enjoy our wonderful chocolate, so it’s always vegan, and free from gluten and refined sugar.
We’re looking for a creative and switched-on Marketing Assistant, with a passion for food and well-being, to join our friendly and growing team.
You’ll be supporting the Brand Manager to execute an ambitious marketing plan that raises brand awareness and supports sales across all territories to take the Ombar brand to the next level, with a particular focus on managing our social media presence.
Reporting to the Brand Manager responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Brand Manager in the delivery of the annual marketing plan.
- Assisting with day-to-day marketing administration including keeping trackers, calendars and other marketing documents up to date.
- Working closely with both the in-house sales team and with external marketing agencies, distributors and retailers in the UK and internationally.
- Social media:
- Community management across all UK social media platforms.
- Reviewing and fulfilling collaboration requests.
- Working with agencies on the planning, writing and scheduling of content for the UK and international markets.
- Driving new platforms.
- Reporting on performance every month.
- Planning and scheduling blog content.
- Assisting with keeping our website up to date.
- Ensuring product images and copy on retailer websites are correct.
- Reviewing and responding to all marketing related enquiries received via our customer service email address.
- Planning, writing and scheduling email newsletters.
- Working with the design agency and printer to keep marketing materials up to date and in stock.
- Planning and coordinating trade and consumer facing shows and events for UK and international markets, including paperwork, logistics, the exhibition stand and staff.
- Managing marketing sample requests and assisting with the organisation of in-store sampling.
- Reporting on competitor activity and market trends.
- Occasional travel and weekend work should be anticipated.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good collaborator, able to influence across all levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative thinking.
- Highly organised with the ability to project manage.
- A proactive self-starter.
- Passionate and curious.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Knowledge of the food and drink sector.
- Degree or equivalent marketing qualification (e.g. CIM).
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing including influencer marketing, paid social media and analytics.
- Previous experience in a marketing or communications role is desirable.
- Design experience or proficiency in Adobe software is desirable.
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
For more information about this role or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org